Sunday, January 27, 2008

No Excuses ...Just Bloggin'

I cannot believe how quickly time flies. So that means I have missed reflecting on 2007 and goal setting for 2008. I have no FO's of great magnitude to list. It is what it is and is pretty much how I am. Flights of fancy and lots of WIP's that is me.

Back to how time flies and as we all know it REALLY flies when you are having fun!! and boy did I have fun last weekend ( Jan 18,19, and 20). It is always great fun when you combine knitting and friends and a weekend that started EARLY on Friday no less! at a lakeside hotel. That's right I was one of the 38 or so lucky attendees at Knittin' at the Lake 2008! It was so much fun. It was so good to see the friends that were made last year and we couldn't believe that it had been a year already! This year I promise! I will make it to TNK!! PROMISE!

There have been great accounts documented here and here. My picture in pj's is on the World Wide WEB so I won't share it again. If you have missed just go and check out Robin's and Mary's Blogs highlighted above.

Here are some highlights of the weekend captioned:

Door Prize donations and this is NOT ALL of them!! Please enlarge and be sure to support the LYS and companies that supported our weekend. I can remember YARN LOUNGE, HOLLY SPRING HOMESPUN, KNITTING ADDICTION, INTERWEAVE PRESS, KNITTING SISTERS. Please go to Robin's Blog to see the entire and wonderful list
Yes....that is a FIVE pound Candy Bar. and Tammy is just "foolin". I shudder to think of how many WW Points that would be. I don't know who won it- I am just glad that it wasn't me!!!


Lindy is working on her first real garment which is going to be a lovely sweater. She started on the car ride to the lake and had most of the knitting finished while at the retreat. I can't wait to see it!!



We got to knit looking out a wall of windows that overlooked the lake. This was so relaxing for me as I am really missing my own lake.

Stay tuned for tomorrow or Tues. maybe Wed.... I will post some pictures of the FO's brought to display and motivate. Really awesome garments and other knit items.

Did I mention what a fun weekend this was???

6 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

And, a good time was had by all! A REALLY good time! Until 2009!

12:30 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

AWESOME! That did look like lots and lots of fun. :)

9:34 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

I would have to agree -- definitely fun! :-)

12:53 PM  
Blogger KSee said...

Carol won the candy. We are still eating it here at work. Show also gave pounds of it away to friends and neighbors!

1:31 PM  
Blogger imbeingheldhostage said...

Hiya Elliot fan,
Yes you may-- as long as it's for your desk top.
Knitting by a lake-- I can't knit, but I can sit, and it sounds wonderful!
Thanks for coming by my blog :-)

6:15 PM  
Blogger Ackery said...

Oh, that looks like heaven. Chocolate and yarn and friends and...swooon!

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
Primary Pulmonary Hypertension