Friday, November 09, 2007

For Love of Coffee

The Winterwonderland Coffee Swap I joined has weekly topics for posts to our blogs: Here is my first installment.

When did you first start drinking coffee?
What age were you? Was it about the caffeine, or do you love the taste and smell?
Tell us how your passion began!

I used to drink coffee on a very very rare occasion with lots of milk and sugar and very little coffee when I was a girl. I LOVED it! I felt so grown up! As I grew older I started enjoying caffeine in the form of Diet Dr. Pepper. I can still remember how the coffee thing came about. I started working and most of the other employees older than I used to offer me coffee- no thanks I'd say I have my DDP. Then I started with a cup just when the weather got cold and only one...next thing I knew it was two. Then I started enjoying a cup in the spring and fall, before I knew it I was drinking coffee year round. It's only been in the last 5 years or so that I have gotten a grinder and usually prefer to grind my own beans....what is next? Roasting them? I doubt it.

The Ukrops ( Richmond based grocery store chain) nearest me just put in a Starbuck's and boy does that store smell good. I love the smell of coffee brewing almost as much as drinking it. A day without coffee is like a day without sunshine for me.

* With interruptions by the time I hit POST it looks like I am a little late but maybe they will take pity on me. Maybe not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
Primary Pulmonary Hypertension